Ode to Dolores O'riordan.

Today is a sad day. One of the 90's most loved female voices, performers, singers, song writers has died a sudden death and there is no further explanation about it in the media.
I was hoping it was just another stupid internet hoax, but it seems legit as the news is on the official pages of the Cranberries all over social media.

I still can't believe it, here I am laying in bed, googling and hoping to find a clue for it to be fake news... but alas it's true. My teenage years' inspiration and almost like an older sister figure has passed. Here I am mourning and crying over a person who never knew of my existence.

What is happening to me? Why am I crying? I am not a person who runs after celebrities or is interested in following them or their lives... but Dolores has found her way into my life since my early teenage years and has built a permanent place for herself inside my heart. Over the years I have listened to her music, sang her songs... I was so close to even seeing her live at a concert, but the tour had to be cancelled due to her cancer at the time. I was so relieved a while after that about the news of her recovery. I was actually thrilled... but today, oh this dark day... she passed. And I, for some reason, cried, actually I feel the tears dripping on my lap as I type...

Although this woman never knew of my existence, her death feels like the loss of a family member.
I remember the first time I stood on a stage in front of a crowd and sang, it was her "Electric Blue Eyes", actually she is the reason I started to sing.

I can only imagine how her family and children feel right now, if I, a total stranger, am feeling this horrid squeezing in my chest after reading this horrible news... how are they holding up?

I am lost for words... I don't want to write anything more. I will let pictures of her tell her story.

May you rest in Peace, Dolores O'riordan from Limerick. I and the whole world misses you already.




















































Goodbye Dolores O'Riordan Burton, you will always be in my heart, your music will live on forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Be the Perfect Girlfriend - 12 Steps.

Making Viking Belt bags - the old way...

DIY Leather Steampunk inspired Corset-Belt tutorial.