What to do on a rainy summer day? Bake!

Today is one of those rainy days again in Bergen, I was waiting for the warm weather to stabilize to be able to replant my indoors vegetable "jungle" outside, but mother nature doesn't seem to help... oh well!

I woke up on another "calm" morning, to the sound of a lawnmower, a traktor and of course our lovely neighbor upstairs vacuum cleaning for half an hour in one corner, right above my bedroom! Just Lovely!

In order to shake it off, I called a good friend of mine, Jorunn, she's the sweetest person I know in Norway... she was happy to talk... and we ended up talking for over an hour... which more than brought a wide smile to my face! (Thank you for that Jorunn).

My husband decided to go on a walk... up on mount Fløyen... he asked me to come along... but of course, with my Achiles tendonitis, I had to take a raincheck on that one too... So he went alone... and a short while after that it started raining again... but he's used to it! So here I am, home alone... once more.

I have so much to do today, yet here I am, procrastinating... so, I decided to write a new post on my blog, to save whatever is left of my day... for you guys to read about... if you have nothing better to do, haha.

Today, I have tried a new recipe, I just bought a Pyrex muffin mold tray a couple of days ago and was dying to try it out... and today's recipe is: Spinach & Cheese muffins! No sugar... no artificial products...

Here's the original recipe, but I decided to alter it a bit to suit my taste... but anyhow... here is the original one, with my notes on the side. You can choose whichever suits you best :)

So basically, all you need to do is mix the ingredients in two bowls, the dry ones in one and the liquids together in the other, then slowly pour the liquids onto the flour mix and stir as you go until you get a somewhat liquid dough, it shouldn't be too runny... it should look something like this:



I decided to use homemade yoghurt instead of milk, home grown spinach (since I have a jungle of it), extra virgin olive oil instead of butter, and mozzarella instead of cheddar cheese, and I also added some grated parmesan to my mixture, some homegrown/dried rosemary, parsley and basil... and a dash of black pepper to cover the taste of egg :)


The next step is to have your oven preheated to 175 degrees Celsius (or 350 Fahrenheit), pour the dough into your muffin mold (after oiling or buttering it, you can also use muffin paper baking cups).


The above ingredients give you 12 muffins of 6,5 cm diameter... Two tablespoons of dough into each muffin mold (half full to give it space to rise).


I love spices, so I sprinkled the top of my muffins with sweet paprika, coriander and parsley :)

(coriander)
 (sweet paprika/bell pepper powder)
(homedried parsley)

 And into the oven they go...
 Make sure the oven is preheated and set on 175 degrees Celsius.
 Set your timer for 20 minutes (You will have to add 10-15 mins, depending on the muffins).
Meanwhile, you can use that time to clean up... wash the dishes, clean the house, shower... or just procrastinate some more :D 
 After just 10 minutes, the muffins will start rising, whatever you do, do not open the oven to check on them yet!
 After 25 minutes, get a toothpick and poke the muffins, if nothing sticks on it, then they are ready! You can change the heat to the top part to give them a nice golden color.
 And voila... a yummy quick and healthy snack, for you and your loved one...
Or for the entire family :)



Bon Apetit ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Be the Perfect Girlfriend - 12 Steps.

Making Viking Belt bags - the old way...

DIY Leather Steampunk inspired Corset-Belt tutorial.